Annual membership dues are $25. If you are not yet a member of SOS but would like to be, review the eligibility rules and fill out the membership form. These are some of the benefits that our members enjoy.
SOS endeavors to hold a general member meetings during September to May. Locations vary depending on hosting space and efforts are made to accommodate members from all across the Commonwealth. Please take a minute to review our meeting rules and etiquette.
SOS operates a listserv for its members. The purpose of the listserv is so members can ask questions about specific practices of law, marketing, practice management or any other topic they wish. Members frequently ask about specific Massachusetts court procedures, opinions about judges or share legal forms. It is an open forum to ask questions big or small with the knowledge that we’re all in the same boat as law firm owners.
In an effort to ensure the list remains a useful and positive means of communication, and of benefit to all participants, Starting Out Solo has established rules and etiquette guidelines for all users of the list. Please take a minute to review our rules and etiquette guidelines.
SOS members get discounts with our partner organizations. We currently partner with:
- MCLE Online Pass which grants access to their entire library of CLEs, webcasts, articles, books, and forms.
- Massachusetts Lawyers’ Weekly on their digital-only or print/digital yearly subscription
- CosmoLex on their cloud-based law practice management software
- ZolaSuite on their cloud-based law practice management software
- MyCase discount and a free trial for their web-based practice management software
- Rocket Matter helps law firms offer better client service and also increase revenues by more than 20%. The company was the first cloud-based legal practice management software on the market, landing its first client in 2007. It has been a leader ever since—Rocket Matter has the most powerful, easy-to-use time and billing software in the industry. Also, when law firms want to make more money, go paperless, or increase confidence in their trust accounting, Rocket Matter helps them achieve those goals. With award-winning customer service based in the United States, it’s no wonder thousands of law firms swear by Rocket Matter.
SOS listserv members regularly share forms with each other.
SOS operates a Shadowing Program as a member-to-member benefit.
If a member of SOS has an opportunity for another member to shadow them on a legal matter, they should send an email out to the SOS listserv with the tag [SHADOW] in the subject line followed by the specific legal matter. This lets any member on the listserv take up the offer to shadow the attorney on anything from a routine court hearing to a will signing or a full blow trial.
Attorney Release Form (right click to save as)
Client Release Form (right click to save as)